As you’re transforming your smile with braces, it is easy to become discouraged and self-conscious, but there are many ways you can improve your experience with braces. If you keep a small hand bag full of the following things, you are likely to have a successful and confident orthodontic experience with your braces:
1. Toothbrush and toothpaste: Having food stuck in your braces in embarrassing and unattractive, which is why it’s smart to keep a toothbrush and toothpaste in your hand bag. After you eat your meals throughout the day, make sure to thoroughly brush your teeth and remove any excess food that is stuck in your smile. That way, you will never have to worry about having a food-filled smile.
2. Floss: Sometimes the process of brushing your teeth is unsuccessful in removing the food that is stuck in your braces, which is why floss comes in handy! Flossing your teeth is also a very important step in your oral hygiene routine, and it is recommended to floss your teeth at least once a day to maintain a strong and successful oral health.
3. Orthodontic wax: There are times when your braces might poke and bother your cheeks, lips, and tongue, but if you have your orthodontic wax, there is no need to worry! Just place the wax over the area that is bugging you and you will have the pain-free, comfortable day you deserve!
4. Chapstick: Braces tend to chap the lips, and no one likes this feeling, which is why it’s a good idea to keep chapstick with you. If you apply the balm throughout the day, your lips will be fresh and smooth, giving you the comfort and appearance you want.
5. Mirror: If you keep a mirror in your little hand bag, you won’t need to make the unnecessary trips to the restroom to check your braces. This is a great way to save your time and effort and conveniently take care of your braces.
6. Mouth guard: Are you an athlete or a musician? If so, don’t forget your mouth guard! By wearing a mouth guard, your teeth, lips, cheeks, and tongue will be protected while you play sports and instruments. It will also reduce the chances of harming or breaking your braces.
7. Your smile: Last but not least, don’t forget your smile! Most people become insecure when they have braces, but we never want you to feel that way. Braces are very common, and there is no need to be ashamed of them. Be proud of your smile, and don’t be afraid to express yourself!
If you would like more tips on how to have a successful and thriving orthodontic experience, call our office today and talk to your orthodontist. We look forward to helping you have fun while you achieve the smile of your dreams!