To answer that question in just a few words….It depends on what office you go to.
Many dental offices offer Invisalign treatment, and there are a few factors to consider when making your choice as to what office and which doctor you would like to complete your treatment and who is going to best suit your needs.
There are some questions to ask prior to making a final decision as to who will care for your orthodontic treatment:
- Is the doctor that you are considering an Orthodontic Specialist, or a General Dentist?
- Why is this important? An Orthodontic Specialist has not only graduated dental school, but also needed to complete a two year post graduate orthodontics program.
- What level of Invisalign provider is the doctor that you are considering to do your treatment? How long they have been treating patients with Invisalign? There are several levels of providers with the Invisalign Company. Each level is based on how many cases the doctor has treated.
- As with so many things in life, the more you work with something, the more familiar you become with that product. In turn, the more proficient you become. This is also the case with Invisalign. As the doctor completes more cases the more he or she is able to use the Invisalign software to treat cases that are technically more challenging. In other words, they have more ‘tools’ or techniques at their disposal so you as the patient can have the best final result possible.
Another aspect to consider is if the doctor has experience in treating children, teenagers and adults. You may ask, is there a difference? The answer is: yes. In treating a young child, the doctor is able to work with their growth and correct conditions while the jaw is still growing. As an individual ages, the rigidity of the jaw bones change. The older the patient, the slower the teeth may move. If you are an adult and considering orthodontic treatment, do not let this deter you. Even individuals in their 70’s have had successful orthodontic treatment!
Now that we have discussed some important factors about the doctor that should be considered prior to making your decision, let’s now get back to the original question…Does Invisalign Cost More Than Braces? Not to evade the question, but once again it depends on the office that you choose. There are many offices, maybe even most, that charge more for Invisalign treatment. Dr. Lynnette Nyberg at Nyberg Orthodontics feels that it is more important for an individual to choose which treatment best suits their needs and lifestyle. Both styles of treatment take about the same amount of time to be completed. Think of it as traditional braces and Invisalign are two different journeys to the same destination, your new beautiful smile!
Why choose Dr. Lynnette Nyberg and her team at Nyberg Orthodontics to treat you for your Orthodontic treatment?
- Lynnette Nyberg has been treating patients for over 25 years in the Dover, NH area.
- Nyberg is a member of the following associations:
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
- New Hampshire Dental Society
- New Hampshire Association of Orthodontists
- Northeastern Society of Orthodontists
- New Hampshire Society of Women Dentists
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Society (elected position)
- At the time of publication, she is a Platinum Provider with Invisalign.
- She has worked with Invisalign since 2005 and has completed well over 500 cases.
- Treats children of all ages, as well as adults.
- Traditional braces and Invisalign are the same investment cost.
We hope that you have found this article to be informative. If you are in the Dover, Durham, Rochester, Somersworth, NH, Berwick, Maine or the surrounding communities and you are interested in learning more about how orthodontic treatment could help enhance your smile, please feel free to contact us at 603.749.2900 to schedule your complementary consultation with Dr. Lynnette Nyberg.