Congrats on your new Invisalign aligners! Here are a few helpful tips to ensure a successful Invisalign treatment:
- Remember to wear your aligners 20-22 hours per day. Please remove only when eating and brushing. After eating, we recommend that you brush, floss, and insert your aligners as soon as possible.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before handling your aligners.
- Rinse your new aligners when you remove them from their package.
- Do not bite or chew on your aligners.
- When you brush your teeth, you should brush your aligners too! Please do not place them in boiling water or soak them in mouthwash.
- When you are not wearing your aligners please keep them in the Invisalign case provided. This will help protect them from being lost or damaged.
- We recommend you never discard your aligners. When you are done with one set, simply clean them and put them back in their original bag. This way, if you lose or misplace your aligners, you can go back to the previous set or the next set in the series. Choose the set that fits most comfortably. Please notify our office as soon as possible so we can determine the best way to proceed.
- If one of your attachments or “buttons” falls off, there is no need to return to the office to have it replaced. You can let us know at your next scheduled appointment and we will replace it then.